Synergy is a Student Information System (SIS) and The Family Portal (ParentVUE) offers secure, private access to your student’s school information, including assignments, grades, attendance, and teacher contact information. In the Family Portal, you can see information for all your students on a single website with one login.
Get a ParentVUE account
To obtain a Family Portal account, you need an activation key, which you can find on the Activation Letter provided by your child’s school. Please contact your student’s counselor if you do not have one. (see counselor list below)
- Go to the Family and Student Portal (https://portal.sfusd.edu/)
- Click on “SIS Family Portal >>” on the left side of the page.
- On the right side under Activate My Account, click on “I have an activation key and need to create my account>>.”
- Click on the “I Accept” button.
- Enter your name as it appears on your activation key letter and activation key. Click “Continue to Step 3.”
- Create a username, password and enter an email that you can be reached at. Click complete.
- Explore the information provide in ParentVUE.
Parents should contact their grade level counselor if:
- They need an activation key
- They have an more than one child in SFUSD but their ParentVUE account does not show them all of their children.
- Any other concerns around ParentVUE access
The counselors are:
- 9th and 10th Grade – Ms. Lydia Ma – MaL3@sfusd.edu
- 11th and 12th Grade – Ms. Elisa Romero – RomeroE@sfusd.edu
- Family Portal Activation Guide to sign up for your Family Portal account.
- If you do not have an email address, first follow these instructions to create a Google Gmail account: Google Gmail: Create an Email Account.
- Read about Family Portal Features to learn how to check your child’s assignments, grades, and more!
- If you have additional questions about Family Portal, please refer to the Families section of SFUSD Gradebook for All website: sfusd.edu/gradebook